Hair hygiene is a very important step for your beauty and health. Although washing hair is a simple task that many do on a daily basis, sometimes some habits can be harmful without you noticing.
Knowing your hair is essential to understand its needs. In the case of scalp diseases, it is important to consult a dermatologist so that he can recommend specific treatment.
Water temperature, the amount of shampoo and conditioner, or how water excess is removed after cleaning can have a positive or negative influence on the appearance and health of hair.
The frequency with which you wash your hair can also influence. The different hair textures directly influence the number of times it must be washed. For some types, such as curly or greasy ones, for example, it is not recommended to wash them too often.
We share some tips and techniques on how to wash your hair effectively, step by step, so you can take advantage of all the nutrients in the products you use:
- Use the warm temperature of the water to moisten the hair. We know that it is not an easy task during the winter. It is important to at least try to avoid extremely hot water to wash your hair, as it can be harmful to the hair and the scalp, generating dryness or grease and irritations.
- Don’t overdo the amount of shampoo. The secret to cleaning the hair are the movements.
- Apply the shampoo to the roots and massage the scalp well with the tips of your fingers, never with your nails. Some specialists recommend to increase the volume and circulation, do it with the head upside down.
- Rinse hair well, without leaving shampoo residue. This is a very important point, so that the hair is really clean. If you do not rinse it well the results won’t be the same.
- Repeat the process in case you need a deep cleansing.
- Apply the conditioner making movements from top to bottom, using the product throughout the hair extension. If you use some of the Per Purr conditioners, you can also massage the scalp, since it contains vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, preventing dryness of the scalp.
- Let it act a few minutes. Again, rinse it well without leaving residue, so that the hair does not get matted. The conditioner is a product made to align the structure of the hair and seal the cuticle that remains open after the use of the shampoo.
- Don’t dry your hair by rubbing it with the towel. The best way to dry it is using gentle movements with the towel, never rub them to avoid breaking them. Hair is a sensitive structure and needs care also when drying.
- Be very careful when combing your hair while you shower. Wet hair tends to become elastic and extremely vulnerable to breakage. Depending on the comb or brush used, the chances of breaking it are bigger. Ideally, comb your hair dry or slightly damp. But for those who like to comb their hair during the shower, it is recommended to do it gently with the fingertips.
- Finally, we recommend using wooden combs, with long teeth or a natural bristle brush, since both generate less friction.
Moisturizing, nutrition and reconstruction are also very important in the hair care process. Therefore, applying a hydrating hair mask, at least once a week, or also the famous coconut oil, usually helps to have healthier, shiny and lively hair.
We know that there is no universal way to wash your hair. It is important to try different shapes and products to find out which ones work best for you.
The needs of each hair can be different, but in general, with this step by step and using hair products with quality ingredients, such as low poo shampoos, you will notice a great result.