Men’s Skincare Routine
Many guys find skincare routines a bit tiresome. But times are changing, and so is demand. Today, lots of men are concerned about skincare, and I consider myself one of them.
For years I tried different brands, products, and styles of creams. I didn’t understand that mixing different products could make my skin duller and more sensitive.
After I turned 30, my skin completely changed, becoming more sensitive to the sun and pollution. I get lots of breakouts on my forehead due to sweat and creams, and because I touch my forehead a lot to brush back my hair. Aside from this issue, I started to notice that my cheeks were getting redder and very sensitive. I tried using the best creams for sensitive skin, but since I have combination skin, it was a problem.
Dermatologists and skincare experts tried to sell me more and more products, but I didn’t want to waste my time applying so many creams and serums in the morning. Per Purr has changed the way I take care of my skin. First of all, it’s so easy. Their range of facial products includes everything you need for your skin, so you don’t have to use multiple products. It’s fast and you don’t even have to think about it.
I do my routine in the shower, which saves water and time.
- I wash my face with “Calm” soap, and in the summer, I use “Sunlike” soap, which is a bit exfoliating (I don’t use it every day to avoid irritating my skin). Then I just rinse with warm water.
- If I want to deeply exfoliate my skin, I use “Sunlike” soap, which is micro-exfoliating and gentle to the skin.
- Some days, I like to apply toner to invigorate my skin, but in this case, I use natural, alcohol-free toner or thermal water.
- On days when I shave my beard, I use Per Purr’s natural moisturizer as shaving gel. It’s pretty light, it hydrates my beard and skin, and it doesn’t cause irritation.
- Finally, I use Per Purr’s Facial Oil. Since I have combination skin, three or four drops in the palm of my hand is enough. I warm up the oil with my fingertips and apply it to my face, without forgetting my neck and lips.
I was skeptical of this oil at first because I have combination skin, but it has the advantage of being a serum too (so you get two skincare products for the price of one). It also works as an aftershave, nourishing the skin without causing irritation.
You might be wondering if this facial oil makes my skin greasy. The answer is no! This oil has mattifying properties and a high percentage (80%) of MUFAs + ceramides, and monounsaturated fatty acids (especially gadoleic acid and erucic acid) similar to the skin’s lipids that have hydrating properties. Since I have been using it, this product has left my skin well-nourished with a healthy glow and never shiny. Also, it doesn’t have a strong fragrance, in case you don’t like creams with fragrances.
That’s how easy my daily skincare routine is! Give it a try and tell us what you think in the comments section.
Done! My skincare routine finished, and I’m ready to start the day.